Saturday, October 2, 2010

Xeon powered ion engine


Took a short moment away from my reading on Evolutionary Psychology today, to various places, in a whimsical fashion that's undoubtedly an axiom of my own procrastination. To begin with, I felt like getting sharp on Operation Condor, which led to quite a bit of touching up on my Chilean history. Back to science, I read some on the element Xeon, as I recalled remember how unfamiliar I was with it. Doing the futuristic nature of its very name proud, I found it interesting that it is used in anesthesia, and as major part of ion thrust engines, a highly powerful technology used in space exploration (although I'm not quite sure if its being used in possible candidates for the Space Shuttle replacement). Anyway, this image is a cover for a Star Death II cassette....

No comments:

Post a Comment